Following a credible information by residents of Obeledu town and it’s environs, men of Anambra State Command of Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have arrested a seven-man syndicate terrorizing the community and specializes in vandalising electrical installations,stealing and dispossessing residents of their belongings.
Moved by the information, the newly deployed State Commandant, Mr. Isidore Chukwudi Chikere quickly acted and sent a combined team of Intelligence and Investigation operatives who stormed the area and rounded up the seven suspects:-
- Onyimonyi Chinedu ‘m’ aged 34 from Onueke Izza South L.G. A Ebonyi State .
- Elesi Promise Chikamso ‘m’ aged 32 from Oji River L.G.A , Enugu State.
- Nwube Sunday ‘m’ aged 32 from Onueke Izza South L.G. A Ebonyi State .
- Nwankwo Solomon ‘m’ aged 22 from Okofia Izza South L.G. A Ebonyi State.
- Ejike Stephen Ogonna ‘m’ aged 20 from Onueke Izza South L.G. A Ebonyi State .
- Johnson Chigozie ‘m’ aged 23 from Ndiukwu Amaika Izza South L.G.A Ebonyi State.
- Nwafor Solomon ‘m’ aged 28 from Onueke Izza South L.G.A Ebonyi State
On interrogation, the suspects admitted to committing the crime and pleaded for mercy promising not to engage in such again.
According to DSC Okadigbo Edwin, the State Public Relations Officer, exhibits recovered from them are Bundles of wire, 300sq UPV casing pipe, Shifting spanners, and Mud pump .
Meanwhile, the State Commandant, Mr. Chikere, who appreciated his men for their timely response, has ordered for discreet investigation after which the suspects will be charged to court.
He therefore appealed to members of the public to assist the NSCDC and other security agencies in the State by giving them useful information that will assist in tracking down criminals within their areas.